Tuesday 30 June 2015

Life Update!

Hey there good friends!


It feels so good to be back after a well needed break. Everything that was happening with school and finals there was no way I could put up good content! However, I am in fact back now and with a surprise for all of you, I am going to Vancouver!

Travelling!

I will be catching a flight to Vancouver bright and early, so that  means blog posts about food, adventures, sights, and a serious possibility for travel tips. That's right, I managed to fit all my belongings in to a carry-on suitcase. So be ready for that!

Vegan? What!

Since this is a life update I do feel inclined to tell you that I am now vegan, woohoo! After around 11-12 months of vegetarianism I started doing more and more research about not just slaughterhouses, but factory farming, and where we get our dairy and eggs from. That resulted in a full-scale change which will be explained in another blogpost! I just felt like it was all around the right thing to do spiritually, ethically, environmentally, and physically.
For those wondering, right now I am not following any sort of "sub-diet", like starch solution, or raw till 4. For now I am just testing the waters and mainly following high-carb, low-fat and so far I am really enjoying it.
I watched a series of documentaries as well as did my own research, which meant spending my spare in the library reading books until I was asked to leave. Some documentaries that I watched were Forks over Knives and Cowspiracy. I am dreading watching Earthlings as is shows the despicable details of the industry but I need to find an online copy.

I feel like that is all I can share for now but do stay updated for a full explanation on my vegan transition, as well as some travelling tips too!

Until next time,

Tyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment