Friday 13 February 2015

Healthy chocolate avocado pudding! Perfect for Valentine's day

Hello there good friends,

It feels so good to be posting another blog post again! I just have so many recipes that I want to share with you, but I have to pace myself. I realized just yesterday that Valentines day is upon us and I wanted to make a little something special. I believe that Valentines day doesn't have to spent with a significant other, it's like any other holiday. You spend it with the people that you love. But, in the spirit I have for you today a recipe for Chocolate strawberry avocado pudding!

 


So why avocado of all things you may ask? Well avocado's are amazing for adding a great consistency to any recipe, along with all their health benefits! I tend to use avocados with my eggs, pasta, or salads. I never thought to use them in a dessert. That's when I concocted this recipe for a rich and creamy pudding. Oh yeah, did I mention it can also be made vegan! I know it's such a treat.

Ingredients:
These are the base ingredients!

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2 1/2 tbsp  cocoa powder or cacao powder
  • 2 tbsp honey (or for a vegan option use maple syrup)
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil solid at room temperature 
  • a splash of almond or soy milk
  • 1-2 large strawberries 
  • sliced almonds (optional) 

Directions: 
  1. Begin by slicing the avocado in half, and taking out the pit.
  2. Scoop out all of the avocado into a food processor
  3. Add your honey or maple syrup, coconut oil. Blend for 30 seconds.
  4. Using a spoon scrape whatever powder is left on the sides and blend again for another 30 seconds. I added a little almond milk as well.
           
 
     5.   Scoop out into a dish
           
     
  6. Add strawberries and sliced almonds for good measure!
           

       7. Enjoy!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment