Thursday 26 February 2015

San Fran adventures! The best breakfast at Mama's

Hello there good friends,

So where has the time gone? Well, to keep you updated I am currently in San Francisco! What? I know, it is so beautiful here and I am thrilled to be somewhere that doesn't have 2 feet of snow outside the window. My hotel is right smack in the middle of Fisherman's wharf, so I am pretty much able to see the Golden Gate bridge and the beautiful ocean front. Today is my 6th full day here and I have been spending my early mornings in Starbucks to catch up on my school work and to do some blogging. I personally enjoy this solitude because even though it's February there are still a lot of tourists here!

For starters on my San Fran adventures my sister and I flew down by ourselves to meet our mom and I am not an easy flyer. We also nearly missed our flight because the security didn't let us in until 30 minutes before our flight boarded, despite the fact that we were there two hours early. To add on to that we also got stopped by airport security for a random bag check cause apparently two teenage girls are suspicious. I actually thought it was quite funny, but enough of that!

The flight over was beautiful especially the landforms and the greenery. I couldn't help but almost cry it was so pretty.


Once we landed we immediately started sweating cause we're so used to the cold Canadian climate. Unfortunately, we were lost in the San Francisco airport for an hour trying to find our way around.



On our first day of touritst-ing I planned a perfect breakfast at Mama's. Which is a staple if you're going to be travelling to San Francisco. It is a cute little restaurant at the corner near Washington square and a line literally wraps around the side. We waited around an hour to get a seat and once we ordered we knew we   had to make it worth it.




I started by ordering the cranberry orange french toast (cranberry orange bread made in-house!) with a side of grilled potatoes, and I had originally planned to order a little crumb square for the next morning but it was warm to resist and I ended up eating it there!

  
My sister ordered the blueberry pancakes with a side of grilled potatoes, and my Mom ordered the eggs florentine with silver dollar pancakes.
  
Everything tastes amazing, the french toast was warm and sweet, especially with the home-made jam! I also really loved the eggs florentine with the grilled potatoes. Overall we concluded that it was definitely worth the one hour wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment