Saturday 14 March 2015

Trip to Yosemite National park & San Francisco adventures pt 2!


Hey there good friends!


I have to ask how you're all doing? Well I have just returned from a well deserved vacation to San Francisco. I know that I said I would blog more when I was there, but I realized that I didn't want to spend all my time there on my computer because it was just so beautiful!

During my time there I stayed at the beautiful Argonaut hotel on fisherman's wharf. This meant waking up each morning to a sunrise grazing the Golden gate bridge, and the wonderful sea side smell (that eventually seeped in to all my clothes!)


There aren't any words that describe how beautiful San Francisco truly is. Not to mention the food. The food was AMAZING! My sister and I stopped at this cute little food truck on Jones and Jefferson named Carmel Pizza. They have a wood burning oven and a marvellous outdoor patio.


Talk about making the most of it! This spot was definitely a unique location which my sister and I said we'd go back to but sadly never ended up going back!  Oh well, there's always next time.

Two other locations that were so delicious were The Plant Cafe and The Greens restaurant. Now both served organic, natural, vegan, all that! Luckily, both served different types of food. The Greens restaurant was probably more up-scale and served up some pretty delicious vegetarian food. I ordered "The Indian plate" which was a combination of basmati rice with cashews, chutney, curried lentils, and cauliflower with another side that I cannot remember. Ahh the frustration! I wouldn't say that it was the best food I've ever had, but it was still a very creative and visually pleasing location!
                         
The Plant Cafe, I was more pleased with. While the Greens restaurant seemed like a great place to host a party or gather friends. The Plant Cafe had food that spoke to more what I liked and had a more intimate vibe, without that sounding strange.
                          

Both overlooked the bay area, I just found that The Plant Cafe was more comfortable while still being up scale. At The Plant Cafe I went two different times! The first time I ordered a vegan cheesecake that was a cashew base and was just as it sounds, delicious. The next day I ordered a tofu and quinoa stir-fry. I actually came in to late that they weren't serving customers any more but the kitchen happily made my meal for me anyway, tips to them!  I think that I would probably opt for The Plant Cafe more because it fit my style better. However, I definitely applaud both for serving up delicious, local and organic food to tourists!

Yosemite!

Now on to one of the most exciting parts of the trip, Yosemite! There are no words to describe just how breathtaking it truly was. I remember on my Liebster Award Post, one of the places I wanted to visit the most was Yosemite National Park, well check that off! Unfortunately we couldn't only do a day tour, but in that time we were still able to see so much.

Our day started off bright and early waking up at 5:30 for a bus to come pick us up, the ride over was around 4 hours and I was happy to spend that time sleeping. It was only till we started getting closer to the park could you actually see the landforms changing. Flat land started turning in to hills, and hills starting in to mountains.

When we get in to the park we make our way to the attraction areas until we get to the lodge. Our first attraction was Yosemite Valley! I had been dreaming of seeing it for weeks and I only wished that I had more time to mentally prepare myself.

Jumping like a cool cat

 I started crying, yes. It is the most beautiful place that I've experienced, that I feel like I'm not bringing it any justice from my description. We had time to soak in the beauty and take pictures (silly and normal), I just wish I could have stayed there forever!

We stopped at other locations like Yosemite falls and managed to head to the lodge for a quick lunch. I gobbled down my food because I was way too excited and wanted to head out and experience as much as I could.

With our free time, we hiked the lower Yosemite Falls trail and got sidetracked and hiked up close to the actual falls and got mist coming down all over us. It was magical! Can I just take a moment to say how much I love hiking. Each step I feel more in tune with myself and the earth beneath my feet.




We spent the rest of our time hiking through the trails, goofing off, and honestly wishing we could stay forever. Before we knew it we had to head back to the lodge to leave. At this moment I was only getting more upset to have to leave. We spent our time with a few final photo shoots and farewell goodbyes... Once we were on our way home it hit me how exhausted I was, so I slept yet again on the way home.

I would just like to conclude that this trip was everything that I dreamed it would be, Yosemite and San Francisco. Yosemite was proof to me that if you want something, then make it happen. While it may not always be easy or affordable to book a trip like that, I mean take opportunities when they present themselves to you! I have been so inspired after this trip but enlightened as well. To see nature in it's beauty, undisturbed state. How large it is in comparison to us, all our problems seem so small.

(I know I am terrible at saying goodbye, but until next time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment