Sunday 29 March 2015

Hey there good friends!


Just yesterday I went to the 2015 Green Living Show at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Last year I was fortunate enough to go with my mom and I was not going to let it slip by this year! The Green Living Show is dedicated to all things green, so naturally I had to be there.
               
                       
It spreads from things like furniture, cars, health & beauty, and food.  I am sort of ashamed (but not really) to say I spent a large portion of the day in the food area. But how could I resist all the delicious produce and samples that they had going on. We were allowed into the show for free because we brought in e-waste, which would later be recycled. This is only a small example of the innovative ideas all around the show. The show wasn't just saying we have a problem we need to deal with it, but creative and diverse ideas on how to adapt to our changing planet. Gathered together were people with different strengths and skills, such as  business men, scientists, artists, chefs, and at-home parents!

 My lunch consisted of samples dishes from local restaurants that you would purchase with a certain amount of $1 tickets. Certain dishes would be worth more tickets or less. I really loved this system because it was a win-win for customer and restaurant.

For samples I got a vegetarian kale stem & Ontario mushroom pie, vegan bread pudding with ugly fruit compote, a red beet-coco brownie and squash sorbet with salted beet caramel (delicious!!), and bao with harissa seasoned napa, & carrot slaw, sunchoked chips & zataar salt. Keep in mind these were small things but I was definitely full by the end of it!

The Green Living show was incredible, I was able to learn more about conserving, and reducing food waste, non-profit organizations that take effect near me, and not to mention all the food was delicious!
I came home on the train carrying two reusable bags filled with purchases and coupons!

In the beginning the people going to see the Green Living Show weren't at all polite. There was shoving, pushing and scowling. Some things that I'd never expect out of a green wellness show. However, as the day progressed I was able to meet more people that were polite and passionate about green living. It was an extremely uplifting experience because I was able to find people who were interested in similar things as me and we were all there together. I kinda wished that we all could've done a huge group hug (just kidding!).

Until next time,

Tyler 



No comments:

Post a Comment